Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Review: Dirty Works Buttery Salt Scrub



I don't often find many things to rave about but here I am this month with a new absolute favourite! In fact, I love it so much it's made my must-have list!

Dirty Works Glow Girl Buttery Salt Scrub - RRP $9 

I am in love with this product. I first found it a couple weeks ago while shopping at my local grocery store and since it was dirt cheap and I was in the market for a body scrub, how in the world could I pass it up?

First and foremost is the lack of fragrance. Despite that fact that parfum is a listed ingredient, there is no scent to this body scrub other than just smelling clean. (perhaps is "clean" is a scent?!) I do not like my scrubs to be fragranced because I find that it tends to linger on my skin after washing off, and inevitably interferes with the fragrance of my body butters. And added fragrances tend to upset the balance of my skin as well. This scrub is just perfect.


The consistency is similar to yogurt, and the actual scrub granules are not harsh at all. It's not gentle enough for the face however, so avoid that.

As you wash it off, your skin feels buttery soft and smooth and perfectly primed for your favourite moisturiser - or, if you're like me: self tanner.

This is an absolutely brilliant body scrub and if you're in the market to try out something new, put this one on your list to try out.

In Australia you can buy the Dirty Works products exclusively at Coles.

Ingredients: Aqua, Pumice, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycine Soja (soybean) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Parfum, Isopropyl Myristate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Prunus Persica (peach) Kernel Shell, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Xanthan Gum, Maris Sal (sea salt), 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene.


3 comments:

  1. Love the packaging! The scrub itself sounds lovely, but of course I can't get it here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's another one too, it's in a purple container so I'm going to pick up that one this week. They also have body butters which I'm holding off on for now since I've got one from The Body Shop and one from Alverde open and in use. I'd be happy to send you one if you like! :D

      Delete
  2. This looks really good - apparently its similar to Soap and Glory? Ahh perhaps I should make a dash to my local Coles today ;)

    ReplyDelete